Today, I’d like to talk about candida overgrowth and how it can affect your health in multiple ways. People often think when they have candida the most common symptom, especially for females, is to have yeast overgrowth vaginally or a yeast infection. However, these skin conditions can also be symptoms of candida:
- Dry skin
- Dry scalp
- Hair thinning
- Autoimmunity such as, psoriasis or others
All of these conditions can be related to an imbalance between good and bad gut bacteria. It is normal to have some levels of candida in our body. The problem occurs when there is an overgrowth that can cause an increase in our bad gut bacteria relative to our good bacteria.
If we don’t have optimal levels of gut bacteria, it can cause inflammation and affect our immune system function over time. When inflammation and the immune system are not balanced it can lead to more serious conditions like autoimmune disease or even cancers down the road.
What are the most common causes of candida overgrowth?
People who do not have optimal digestion are at a higher risk of candida flourishing down in their lower gut. This is because their stomach PH is not low enough to get their digestive process working properly. There are several factors that can cause this:
- Lifestyle factors like the foods we consume
- High stress levels
When candida overgrowth is treated and keeps coming back there is a good chance that something else is going on within your body. It’s important to look further into your health to see what systems might be out of balance and get them back into alignment. If the root cause is not determined and treated, it can potentially lead to further health issues which will affect your quality of life and your relationships.
To learn more take a look at my full video on candida overgrowth:
What did you think of this blog?
- If you’d like to learn more about this, please contact me either through my Facebook Group Functional Medicine Physio for Women or my website Angela Simpson Functional Medicine/Contact. I look forward to discussing your health, and the optimal solution to solving your greatest health concerns.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel for additional information and to get notifications when new videos are available!
- Leave a comment or question below.