Have you tried different diets or exercise programs and are still having trouble losing weight? Maybe you’ve lost weight short term, but find that the weight always comes back on. Weight management is such a common concern and complaint that I hear from my clients. That said, let’s take a closer look at weight management.
Frequently, people are looking online for details about the latest diet or supplements that can help them drop weight quickly. While these things might work at first, you won’t get lasting results unless you have a personalized plan that works for your particular body.
Is Gaining Weight a Normal Part of Aging?
It’s common for people to think that gradually gaining weight is something that happens as we age and it just needs to be accepted. Furthermore, they think that once they gain weight it’s tougher to lose as they age. While metabolism does slow down gradually as we age, we do not need to accept that weight gain is a natural part of life.
Weight gain affects your health in several ways such as cardio-metabolic, hormonal, and physiological health. In addition, it can impact your emotional and mental health as many people feel self-conscious about their appearance. This can take a toll on relationships. It can even affect intimacy with your partner if you are not comfortable in your own skin.
What’s Causing My Weight Management Issues?
If you are having issues with your weight it’s important to understand some of the main causes for weight gain. Often these things are overlooked:
- Sleep – If you are not sleeping between 7 to 9 hours per night, this can affect your metabolism.
- Stress – If you are under chronic stress or going through an emotional time, this can impair the metabolic function slowing down the digestive process.
- Exercise – Each person has a different set of genetics and an exercise program should be personalized to you in order to maintain your weight.
- Diet – Consuming inflammatory foods or foods containing toxins can make it harder for the body to process and break these down. This will eventually slow down the metabolic function.
These are just a few insights into how different lifestyle factors could be affecting you and your ability to manage your weight. If you are struggling with weight management, contact me for a free 45 minute consult. Together we can work to create a personalized plan so that you can not only lose weight, but keep it off long term!
To learn more take a look at my full video on weight management:
What did you think of this blog?
- If you’d like to learn more about this, please contact me either through my Facebook Group Functional Medicine Physio for Women or my website Angela Simpson Functional Medicine/Contact. I look forward to discussing your health, and the optimal solution to solving your greatest health concerns.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel for additional information and to get notifications when new videos are available!
- Leave a comment or question below.