Today I’m talking about a health symptom that is very close to my heart because I have dealt with this on and off through most of my life. Like a lot of women, I have anxiety. I didn’t realize that I had this until later in life. Now looking back on it, there were signs of me having anxiety from as young as I can remember. At a certain point in my life, I noticed that my anxiety levels were out of control and they were starting to affect several aspects of my life. I knew that I needed to do something about it. It took a lot of digging to figure out the root cause of where it was coming from, but thankfully I am much better today.
Anxiety & The Root Cause
Through the years, I’ve found that there can be many triggers that bring on anxiety. Things like:
- Death of a family member or close friend
- Mood changes
- Hormonal fluctuations – especially in perimenopause and post menopause
I work with countless women that have anxiety issues. Commonly, the root cause of anxiety can be a result of imbalances in the immune system and in gut function. These imbalances can start way back from when you were a child. Perhaps they even started when you were in your mother’s womb. I know a lot of people that have tried to fix anxiety with medication. Unfortunately, this never gets to the root cause of why it is occurring in the first place. Medication is mostly a way of managing anxiety and sometimes this doesn’t even work.
Since anxiety can cause harm to your body if left untreated, it really is important to learn where the biochemical imbalances are coming from. Unresolved anxiety can put you at risk for autoimmune conditions that could even lead to something more serious such as cancer or heart disease.
I’d Like to Help
The good news is there are a variety of tests that can be done to determine the root cause of your anxiety. Once the issue is discovered we can work together to get your system back in balance. If you’d like to learn more, please contact me to book a free 45-minute call. I’d like to help you get to the bottom of your anxiety so you can fix it for the long term.
To learn more check out my full video on the Root Cause of Anxiety:
What did you think of this blog?
- If you’d like to learn more about this, please contact me at Angela Simpson Functional Medicine/Contact. I look forward to discussing your health, and the optimal solution to solving your greatest health concerns.
- Join my Facebook Group Functional Medicine Physio for Women.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel for additional information and to get notifications when new videos are available!
- Leave a comment or question below.