Do you feel that these symptoms are happening to you on an ongoing or chronic basis, and affecting your relationships at home, at work, and your ability to manage and enjoy your life?
If you are suffering from a hormone imbalance, or suspect you may be, treatment must begin by discovering the ROOT CAUSE of how the irregularity occurred in the first place. Continuing to treat the symptoms alone will often result in short term relief – with your symptoms coming back, time and again. This can be frustrating, and is avoidable, if the root cause of the problem is determined and treated from the start.
Causes of a Hormone Imbalance
There are several reasons why your hormonal pathways may swing out of balance that many are often unaware of, such as:
- Does not allow your hormones to be metabolized/utilized properly by your body.
- Does not allow proper detoxification to occur in your body, thus impairing the hormone pathways in your body.
- Impairs, or slows down, the clearance of inflammation in your body, causing key enzymes for hormone conversion to get blocked, thus shifting the hormonal balance in your body.
- Stress: especially chronic stress… can cause an overutilization of some hormones, and underutilization of others, creating an imbalance in several hormonal pathways.
- Poor diet: too much caffeine and/or alcohol consumption, as well as high carbohydrate and simple sugars, which can impair conversion of hormones into a useable form.
- Toxins from the environment burdening the hormone pathways: sometimes termed “hormone disrupters”, such as personal care products, cleaning products, industrial exposure, etc. When the toxic burden becomes too high in your body, it will impair the detoxification pathways that also effect how hormones are being broken down and utilized.
- Incorrect amounts of exercise: either too little or too much. Both extremes can cause either a build up, or depletion of key hormones in your body, resulting in an imbalance in the hormonal system.
- Click here to learn more about gut function and Digestive Health.
In each of the examples above, the keys to improving your health is to discover WHY your hormones are out of balance, and which systems in your body need to most attention. This is the ONLY way to help heal the true imbalances that are causing your symptoms.
This approach, founded in the theory and practice of functional medicine, has yielded the best long-term results for countless clients. I am happy to discuss this with you further.